What Is A Capacitor?
capacitor is a passive (it consumes but does not produce energy)
two-terminal electrical component. In building a sound system for your
car, you would want to use a capacitor for a couple of different
Why Do I Need One? The main reason a
capacitor is recommended is for power reserve. The capacitor stores
energy and releases it very quickly to the amplifier(s).
How does this help?
Music is dynamic, no matter what type you listen to. The dynamics in
musical content can vary from soft voices to thundering bass notes.
These moments are when the benefit of having a capacitor is heard. The amplifier requires a constant amount of steady power
to function efficiently and power the speakers. A capacitor will keep
the power going to the amplifier consistent and stabilized, which means a
better sounding system.
Important: The remote output of the
head unit is connected to the remote turn-on of the capacitor. The
capacitor will not function if the remote wire is not connected
What’s in the Box?
- 4.0 Farad Neon Digital Capacitor
- 4 Digit Red LED Voltage Display
- Polarity Protection and Buzzer
- Over or Under-voltage Buzzer
- Clear Plastic Protective Terminal Cover
- Platinum Plated Terminals
- Quad Hex Shape
- DC 12V- 16v Volt
- Surge volt DC 20v
- Aluminum Case Gift Box With Front Glass Display
- Mounting Hardware Included
- Audible warning tone for reverse polarity
- Audible warning tone for low battery voltage
- Audible warning tone for VOLTAGE OVERLOAD